Pure Python Data Mangling or Encrypting

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Jun 25 03:05:51 EDT 2015

On Thursday 25 June 2015 14:07, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

>> You got it.  I didn't want to explain any more than necessary.  But yes,
>> the recipient just stores the data for the end-user.
>
> Trust me. That's not all they are doing.

Hmm, sorry, that's a glib answer.

What I meant to say is, you can't *trust* that this is all they are doing,
not unless all your users are within a single organisation where everyone
trusts everyone else.

Obviously some people are more trustworthy, or less inquisitive, than
others. But you don't know which ones are which.

--
Steven