Looking for people who are using Hypothesis and are willing to say so

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Wed Jun 24 18:13:36 EDT 2015

David MacIver <david at drmaciver.com> writes:
> Author of Hypothesis here. (If you don't know what Hypothesis is, you're
> probably not the target audience for this email but you should totally
> check it out: https://hypothesis.readthedocs.org/

Oh very cool: a QuickCheck-like unit test library.  I heard of something
like that for Python recently, that might or might not have been
Hypothesis.  I certainly plan to try it out.  The original QuickCheck
(for Haskell) used the static type signatures on the functions under
test to know what test cases to generate, but Erlang QuickCheck has had
some good successes, including finding some subtle bugs during
development in the HAMT (Clojure-like hash array mapped trie)
implementation just released with Erlang/OTP 18.0 this week.

I see Hypothesis use decorators that look sort of like Erlang Dialyzer
so that can help with test cases.  Maybe later, it use Python 3 type
annotations, though I think those are still much less precise than
Dialyzer or Haskell types.