Why does the unit test fail of the pyPDF2 package?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 16:02:45 EDT 2015

On 24/06/2015 19:48, MRAB wrote:
> On 2015-06-24 18:52, fl wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 9:54:12 AM UTC-7, fl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I want to learn some coding on PDF. After I download and install pyPDF2,
>>> it cannot pass unit test, which is coming from the package.
>>>
>>> I put a screen shot link here to show the console message:
>>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fbdpg0&s=8#.VYre8_lVhBc
>>>
>>> [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/fbdpg0.png[/IMG]
>>>

>>> This Windows 7 PC has both Python 2.7 and Enthought Canopy (3.4?)
>>> installed.
>>>
>>> I don't know whether it has conflicts or not.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thanks, Steven. I don't know how to copy command console window contents
>> to the forum post. I even try redirection hoping to screen contents to a
>> text file, but it fails.
>>
> You can make a rectangular selection by dragging over the console
> window the mouse pointer.

An alternative is to install ConEmu and set up a startup.txt file.  My
heavily encrypted :) version follows

cmd /F:ON /T:02 /K cd C:\Users\Mark\Documents\MyPython
"-new_console:t:MyPython"
cmd /F:ON /T:02 /K cd c:\Users\Mark\pythonissues "-new_console:t:Python
Issues"
cmd /F:ON /T:02 /K cd c:\cPython\PCBuild "-new_console:t:cPython"
cmd /F:ON /T:02 /K cd C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Cash\Python
"-new_console:t:Cash Python"
C:\Python34\Scripts\ipython.exe --matplotlib "-new_console:t:iPython"

Once you've overcome the encryption life is far, far easier on Windows.
  You can do really advanced concepts like cut and paste relatively
easily, but please don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence