CRLF problems in CPython sources

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:52:22 EDT 2015

On Monday, June 22, 2015, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to setup CPython repo I found some CRLF messes:
>
> 1. Some file-types that are inconsistently LF or CRLF
>    Lib/test/decimaltestdata
>
> 2. Some files that are plain dirty (both LF and CRLF)
>    Lib/venv/scripts/nt/Activate.ps1
>
> Is this worth a bug report?
> Is python-dev the place for talking of such?
>
> Note 1: Been bitten rather badly by this in svn days and would rather
> waste time
> upfront rather than later.
> Note 2: Not trying to nitpick. git barfed about this
> Looking around I found I can get mercurial to likewise complain

For Mercurial, enable the eol extension and then refresh your checkout (hg
update null && hg update <rev you want>).

Some of the files in the checkout need to be CRLF for Windows' benefit, the
ones in Lib/test/decimaltestdata are as they were when pulled from their
source.  For others, a bug report would be in order. If you submit such a
bug, please make me nosy (zach.ware).

--
Zach

--