[Solved] Python.exe has stopped working

Alexis Dubois alex at duboaa.net
Fri Jun 19 03:01:32 EDT 2015

Le samedi 6 juin 2015 13:40:13 UTC+2, Laura Creighton a écrit :
> In a message of Fri, 05 Jun 2015 11:15:31 +0200, Christian Gollwitzer writes:
> >Am 05.06.15 um 11:03 schrieb Alexis Dubois:
> >> Anyone else for an idea on that?
> >>
> >Well, it is a crash on exit. Looks like a memory error inside of PyQT.
> >If you've got the time, you could run it inside of a debugger, or
> >better, a memory checker like AppVerifier to find the culprit. These
> >things are usually quite hard to diagnose, and unless someone has seen
> >it here already, the fun starts now ;) Another possible reason might be
> >mixing up DLLs from PyQT and another QT installation. You can find out
> >by listing all loaded DLLs when the program is running, e.g. from a
> >debugger or this tool:
> >https://technet.microsoft.com/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
> >
> >	Christian
> >--
>
> I don't have a windows machine, so I cannot do any more looking for this,
> but this may be relevant.
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20102419/pyqt-5-error-on-exit
>
> Laura

Hello Everybody,
Thank you for your support and sorry for the late answer, I'm back from holidays.
I tried each solution but unfortunately, nothing works.
Finally, I solved my issue by adding "sip.setdestroyonexit(False)" just before "sys.exit(app.exec_())"
I don't really know what it does but it works well and I don't see any beside effect.
It seems that my issue was linked with a QtGui4.dll crash.