Documenting a function signature

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 18 20:41:02 EDT 2015

Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> writes:

> In a message of Thu, 18 Jun 2015 10:04:46 +1000, Ben Finney writes:
> >Since the introduction of keyword-only arguments in Python functions,
> >the question arises of how to communicate this in documentation.
>
> I suppose it is way too late to scream "I hate keyword-only
> arguments"!

It's never too late for screams, go right ahead.

If you're hoping those screams will result in the keyword-arguments not
being part of Python now and in the future; yes, I think it's too late
for that :-)

--
 \      “If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly |
  `\      owned if it is not shared.” —Augustine of Hippo (354–430 CE) |