Classic OOP in Python

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Wed Jun 17 18:33:11 EDT 2015

In a message of Wed, 17 Jun 2015 14:14:34 -0700, Ned Batchelder writes:

>The true TDD acolytes advocate a very idiosyncratic workflow, it's true.
>I don't do this, but I also don't consider myself a TDD person. I value
>tests a great deal, and put a lot of effort into them, but I don't write
>trivial functions to get my tests to pass and then go back to change them.

Grrr.  I am a true TDD acolyte.  And I don't do that either.

>But people whose opinion I value do advocate that, and it's possible that
>in time I will understand their methods and use them myself.  Stranger
>things have happened...
>
>--Ned.

Seriously?  Oh you humble man.

I have convinced a huge number of people who used to have that sort of
dogma that the reason they advocated such baby steps is that they
didn't have a good coverage tool. ***grin***

TDD is supposed to make you brave, not cowards, and it's
Ned's most excellent tool
http://nedbatchelder.com/code/coverage/
that I recommend to TDD dogmatic cowards.

Even if you don't want to use TTD, you will enjoy Ned's tool.  It's GREAT.
Thank you, Ned.

Laura