Creating .exe file in Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:58:52 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 1:39 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:52 pm, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> If you truly want to protect your code from prying eyes, therefore,
>> there's only one way to do it: host it on a server, and let people
>> access the server without seeing the code.
>
> Stop giving people ideas.

Not sure what the problem here is. There are plenty of servers that
run closed-source software. Yes, there are people like rms who believe
that *all* software should be free, but I don't agree. There are
people who wish to keep their code to themselves, and they should be
allowed to do that. I'm just pointing out that they then have to go to
the effort of making the *service* (rather than the software)
available.

ChrisA