Trying to configure Apache and Python 2.7 on Red Hat I get 403 Forbidden

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:58:13 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Néstor Boscán <nestorjb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Néstor Boscán <nestorjb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I tried that but it didn't work.
>> >
>> >  I had to change /etc/selinux/config and reboot to make it work. It
>> > would be
>> > nice if the wsgi module generated some log that explains why you get the
>> > 403. There are several posibilities.
>>
>> Well, that’s not wsgi’s fault.  There was a “permission denied” error,
>> that’s everything wsgi ever knew.
>> As a RHEL sysadmin, you should know that this is most likely caused by
>> braindead syslinux and to read the audit log.
>

> Yes but it could log which os file was it trying to access.

If you want to know what a program was doing when it got some error,
the obvious sledgehammer to reach for is strace. Cutting the situation
down to size so you can actually find what you want in strace's
output, now, that's a whole new problem. But the information will be
there. You want a log? Be careful what you wish for, you might get one
that spews more text than python-list does :)

ChrisA