Keypress Input

John McKenzie davros at bellaliant.net
Tue Jun 16 11:09:52 EDT 2015

 It appears that one of my posts was cut off. It contains my script but
none of the lengthy text in front of it.

 To summarize, my set-up consists of three "massive arcade buttons" from
Adafruit. one red, one blue, one yellow. They are connected to a Kade
Device that is connected to a Raspberry Pi via USB cable and emulates a
USB keyboard. The goal is to get the LED light strip attached to the Pi
via a Blinkstick Pro and LED adapter to glow the colour of the button
pushed. Also, I want the Pi to record how long it spent as each colour.

 For development purposes I am using an actual keyboard.

 The script brings up a blank tkinker window (expected) and the window
seems to have focus when it is created. Pressing the keys does nothing.

 Would appreciate any insight into why it does not respond. Just look a
few posts above (Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 05:15:31 GMT) and you will see my
script.

 Tried a bunch of different approaches and in some of them, an error
message appeared when I pressed a key. It may not have worked, but it was
registering the key press.

 Thanks.