Creating .exe file in Python

Thierry Chappuis tchappui at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:29:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

The question is why to you want to create an exe from your python project?

Setuptools is capable to create small .exe launchers in the Scripts dir of
your
python install. These launchers start a python script and use the python
interpreter registered on your platform. That's pretty light and that's my
prefered solution.

If installing the Python interpreter is an issue for the end user, we can
make
the installer do it for him. Installer programs like Inno Setup let you do
it
quite easily.

Kind regards

Thierry

On lun., juin 15, 2015 at 4:10 PM, < subhabrata.banerji at gmail.com
On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 5:12:24 PM UTC+5:30, subhabrat... at gmail.com
wrote:
 > Dear Group,
 >
 > I am trying to learn how to create .exe file for Python. I tried to work
around
 > http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial of Py2exe. The sample program
went
nice.
 > But if I try to make exe for larger programs with methods and classes I
am
getting error.

 > If any one of the esteemed members may kindly suggest how to work out.
 > I am using Python2.7+ on Windows 7 Professional.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Subhabrata Banerjee.

I am also experimenting around Pyinstaller, cx_Freeze and Inno Studio. But
not
finding ample examples and manuals.
Regards,
Subhabrata.