Is there a utility to tally function calls from other files?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Jun 14 03:08:32 EDT 2015

In a message of 14 Jun 2015 02:53:15 +0000, "Steven D'Aprano" writes:
>Well, yes, but since IDLE already contains that script, why not just use
>IDLE?

I don't know any way to tell Idle to run in the background, generate this
result, and hand it to me as a list, or a csv or whatever.  Have
I been missing something?  The nice thing about grep is that it doesn't
demand that you have an interactive experience with it in order to get
your results out.

Laura