OT ish Blocking telemarketers

hamilton hamilton at nothere.com
Sat Jun 13 09:08:10 EDT 2015

On 6/12/2015 9:47 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:

> Yes I have tried the DNCR.  It didn't help.  The calls are not coming
> from the US although the caller ID says they are.

So you want to "block" calls from a faked number ?!?

( do you have a good program to select lotto numbers?? :-)

On my cell phone, I have my ringer turned off and it only vibrates, so I
get a chance to see the number calling.

If the number has already been logged into my phone, then it has a name
attached to it.

If no name is displayed, I do not answer. I will google the number to
see if that number has a history. ( see http://800notes.com )

If you still have a landline, check with your provider to see if they
offer call blocking.

Years ago, USWEST had call blocking, but a limited amount of numbers
could be entered. ( after talking with them about this, they told me
that they had limited space per home phone number to store blocked
numbers. )

DNCR is NOT the enemy, SCAMmers use what ever number they think they can
get away with to make bogus calls.

Until the NSA makes their data available to the public, SCAM callers
will continue.