Testing random

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Fri Jun 12 18:09:18 EDT 2015

Ian Kelly wrote:

> […] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn […] wrote:
>> Ian Kelly wrote:
>>> The probability of 123456789 and 111111111 are equal. The probability
>>> of a sequence containing all nine numbers and a sequence containing
>>> only 1s are *not* equal.d
>> There is a contradiction in that statement.  Can you find it?
>
> Yes. I phrased my statement as if I were addressing a rational
> individual, in clear contradiction of the current evidence.
>
> Seriously, if you reject even the statement I made above, in spite of
> all the arguments that have been advanced in this thread, in spite of
> the fact that this is very easy to demonstrate empirically, then I
> don't think there's any fertile ground for discussion here.

/Ad hominem/ when out of arguments.  How typical.

Do you deny that “123456789” *is* “a sequence containing all nine numbers”
(digits, really), and that “111111111” *is* “a sequence containing only 1s”?

Do you deny that therefore your second sentence contradicts the first one?

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2