I don't like the OO part of python. In particular the "self" keyword everywhere.

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:21:17 EDT 2015

Little typo corrected... it's a common typo I seem to make.

"with" had to be "without" see ***.

"Skybuck Flying"  wrote in message news:...

Hello,

I don't like the object orientated part of Python.

The idea/prospect of having to write "self" everywhere... seems very
horrorific and a huge time waster.

(Perhaps the module thing of python might help in future not sure about
that).

What are your thoughts on the "self" thing/requirement.

I only want replies from expert programmers, cause we need a language for
expert programmers...

Not noobies that need to be hand-held...

Personally I think I could do just fine without (***) the "self" keyword
everywhere.

So question is... can the python interpreter/compiler be written in such a
way that self can be left out ?

In other words: Is there any hope... that this part of the language will be
cleaned up some day ?

Are there any tricks to get rid of it ?

Maybe "white" like in Delphi ?

I haven't written much OO code yet in Python... and don't plan on doing it
too...

Cause it looks hellish confusing... and clouded/clodded.

I think I have better things to do then to insert "self" everywhere...

It's almost like "self" masturbation  LOL.

Bye,
  Skybuck =D