Python NBSP DWIM

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:28:25 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 1:18 PM,  <random832 at fastmail.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015, at 23:05, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> http://youtu.be/CEpcUeWP0bg
>> http://youtu.be/WFZAaHrHens
>
> An example of the actual subtitle text would be more useful than a
> youtube link to the video, since we're unlikely to be able to see what
> context the character appears in if our client doesn't show it. (I don't
> think the default youtube player does). And you haven't even included a
> time code.

Unfortunately I can't really offer anything better, as the text I saw
was after a lot of processing (youtube-dl, then some other
post-processing), and I don't actually remember which file it was that
bugged me about this, now. But the subs/annotations (visible in the
default player if you turn on "Subtitles" down the bottom) do include
U+FEFF; in each case, it's on the very last line of the song, although
that's not where I remember it occurring.

ChrisA