Function to show time to execute another function

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Mon Jun 8 01:04:08 EDT 2015

On 07.06.2015 22:35, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

>> And you also posted your solution. I fail to find any question in
>> your original posting at all.
>
> That is because there was no question: I just wanted to share
> something I thought that could be useful. If you would have taken the
> trouble to read a little, you would have known that.

You actually didn't write that. You wrote "I have a problem. Here is my
solution. This is how it works." Okay, so what? If you would have taken
the time to write "Just wanted to share this" your intention would have
been obvious.

>>> Sadly the quality of the answers on this list is going down.
>>
>> Maybe you should start asking questions that people are able to
>> comprehend so that you get an answer that you like.
>
> I do not want answer I like, but an answer that is useful.

Sorry to break it to you, but this group does not revolve around you. An
answer that might not be useful to you might be useful for someone else
and it surely is useful to get a discussion.

>>> Here I get an alternative that does only half what I want and when
>>> writing an alternative for ‘!find’ I am told I could use ‘!find’
>>> (which only works in ipython, not python and which also not works
>>> with Windows).
>>
>> Protip: Ditch the shitty attitude. I don't know if you're a jerk or
>> not but I know for sure that you sound like one. Makes it also much
>> less likely to get the answers you'd like.
>
> So if someone gives an answer that is completely useless it is a
> shitty attitude when I point this out? Very interesting indeed.

Precisely. Especially the tone you used is proof of your really shitty
attitude.

> I do not think I have to expect something useful from you, it looks
> like you prefer name calling. Luckily there are a lot of people that
> have a different attitude.

Indeed you can expect nothing more from me and I purposely omitted the
way I do timing from this discussion. I do not aid people who fail to
recognize their major social dysfunction. Not even when they are coding
geniuses. Which, judging from your code snippet, you clearly aren't.

Cheers,
Johannes

> Zumindest nicht öffentlich!
Kosmologen: Die Geheim-Vorhersage.