Is it a newsgroup or a list?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Jun 7 07:45:00 EDT 2015

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015 09:20 pm, random832 at fastmail.us wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 7, 2015, at 05:06, Luca Menegotto wrote:
>> Il 07/06/2015 10:22, Cecil Westerhof ha scritto:
>>  > That only times the function. I explicitly mentioned I want both the
>>  > needed time AND the output.
>>  >
>>  > Sadly the quality of the answers on this list is going down....
>>
>> First of all, thank God it's a newsgroup, not a list.
>> --
unofficial newsgroup (gmane). It's also archived on various websites, plus
Google Groups.

As far as I know, python-list a.k.a. comp.lang.python is the only one of the
Python mailing lists with an official newsgroup mirror.

In *practice*, there's not much difference which comes first. Apart from
some spam, which gets filtered from the mailing list but not the newsgroup,
or vise versa, you can post to the mailing list or the newsgroup and the
message will show up on both.

--
Steven