Find in ipython3

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:11:00 EDT 2015

On 06/04/2015 09:12 AM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> Can't IPython just call the find and du utilities?
>
> That is what
>     !find ~ -iname '*python*.pdf'
> does. But I do not find that aesthetically.

Like I said, I find ipython to be hackish, but invoking find this way is
no more hackish than writing a 100 lines of python just to emulate it.
Using these existing external commands is more portable and more robust.

You could always write an ipython function that wraps the call to the
find command so you don't always have to see it.