Find in ipython3

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Jun 4 01:43:39 EDT 2015

On 04Jun2015 07:09, Cecil Westerhof <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:
>Op Thursday 4 Jun 2015 04:54 CEST schreef Cameron Simpson:
>
>> On 02Jun2015 18:13, Cecil Westerhof <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:
>>> I am thinking about using ipython3 instead of bash. When I want to
>>> find a file I can do the following:
>>> !find ~ -iname '*python*.pdf'
>>> but is there a python way?
>>
>> That succinct? Not out of the box, but something can easily be built
>> on top of the os.walk() function.
>
>OK, I will write it. And something to implement du.
>Thanks.

Have fun.

For added points, do not forget that du knows about hardlinks and only counts a
file once.  And that it counts the blocks field, not the byte size (think:
sparse files).

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Thermochromic ink is the Pet Rock ink of the New Millennium.
- overhead by WIRED at the Intelligent Printing conference Oct2006