Retrying to send message

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Thu Jun 4 01:13:23 EDT 2015

Op Thursday 4 Jun 2015 01:15 CEST schreef Ethan Furman:

> On 06/03/2015 01:37 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:

>>> That's fine, but then add a `raise` after you print the error so
>>> you can see the reason that message failed.
>>>

>> Why bother in the first place, especially when you're developing?
>> Far easier to let the exception bubble up, or are we talking cross
>> purposes?
>
> I think Cecil means he wants to see which twitter message failed to
> send. The rest of us would like to also have the error itself
> displayed. ;)

Correct. I display the error in the function I call. I also quit the
program in the function I call. Is the correct thing to do, but if
someone just want to continue after displaying the error, that should
be possible also. That is why I choose to implement it this way.

I should produce some docstring. ;-)

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer