Everything is an object in python - object class and type class

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Jun 3 19:04:04 EDT 2015

On 03/06/2015 22:49, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 03/06/2015 22:33, BartC wrote:
>> On 03/06/2015 21:58, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>
>> Not so hypothetical in my case as I have to implement a lot of this
>> stuff.
>>
>> I'm also quite interested in how Python does things. If it's a good idea
>> I'll copy it, if not I'll try and avoid it!
>
> Which implementation, cPython, Jython, IronPython...???

Mainly the language itself. But I've also been looking at the workings
of CPython. (Also PyPy but obviously I'm not going to get anywhere
there, although RPython sounds intriguing.)

(To be clear, I'm not implementing Python, but designing and
implementing a separate language.

I did try tinkering with CPython, but the only thing I discovered,
regarding its performance, is that the Windows version is probably 14%
slower than it need be. I think due to using MS' C compiler which
doesn't have gcc's computed gotos. But I think few people here use
Windows so that's probably of little interest. It's not so easy to fix
either.)

--
Bartc