Everything is an object in python - object class and type class

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Jun 3 07:13:20 EDT 2015

On 03/06/2015 11:20, BartC wrote:

> 'genfield' is a field (attribute) that can't be resolved, but the
> possibilities have been reduced to a small, finite set which  is
> resolved at load-time (in Python, the attribute could be anything, and
> you don't even know at runtime what it might be until you actually use
> the attribute.)

(That's not right. What I call 'genfield' is also resolved at runtime at
the point of use. But the possibilities are very small (often just two),
and must be an attribute the compiler knew about. Python-like open-ended
attribute names have a separate mechanism, although I haven't
implemented it yet...)

--
Bartc