Python.exe has stopped working

Alexis Dubois alex at duboaa.net
Tue Jun 2 10:29:16 EDT 2015

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 4:13:27 PM UTC+2, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Tue, 02 Jun 2015 06:09:34 -0700, Alexis Dubois writes:
> >Hello !
> >
> >I have this kind of message every time I quit my PyQt4 app whatever the method to quit is: a quit action menu, the windows "red cross", by quit(), close(), destroy(), deletelater(), ...
> >
> >"python.exe has stopped working"
> >->Check online for a solution
> >->Close the program
> >
> >I need to specify that the app is working nice, just have this message when quit.
> >Do you have an idea to help me understand this issue?
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >Best regards
> >Alexis
> >--
>
> You can override closeEvent
>
> def closeEvent(self, event):
>     QtGui.qApp.quit()
>         event.ignore()
>
> This just shuts it up, you may have more complicated things you want to do.
>
> Laura

Thanks Laura,

Unfortunately, my closeEvent is already override as this:

def closeEvent(self, event):
        reply = QtGui.QMessageBox.question(self, 'Message',
            "Are you sure to quit HWL?", QtGui.QMessageBox.Yes |
            QtGui.QMessageBox.No, QtGui.QMessageBox.No)

        if reply == QtGui.QMessageBox.Yes:
            app.quit()
        else:
            event.ignore()

Replacing app.quit() by QtGui.qApp.quit() doesn't change anything.