Create Web app on Win and run on Win or Mac

Bret Edwards bretedward at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 01:51:43 EDT 2015

I took a look at Ren'Py as suggested by a reply to my previous post entitled "Create on Win and run on Win or Mac." Thanks for your suggestion. Ren'Py looks pretty amazing!

Not sure that is a good route since my primary reason for this endeavor is learning Python scripting (secondarily to create the game) and Ren'Py uses it's own scripting language.
Also not sure that Ren'Py supports Win 64-bit machines.

Now I am switching course slightly and would like to write a Python based web app on a Windows machine, have it run locally and display the app in the browser. The finished product
would be run on other Windows machines (of varying Windows OS versions) and also on Mac machines (of varying Mac OS versions.) The program would present a browser based GUI that the
user would interact with (keying in integer data and clicking buttons) and would only have simple computations behind the scenes.

I would like to only do the creation work once and do it on a Windows machine (I do not have access to a Mac.) Then be able to run on both other Win machines and Mac machines with
only doing a simple (or not any) installation and without requiring an existing Python installation. Also, I do not want the user to need to remain connected to the I-net to use the
app. If they need to connect to the I-net initially to download it that would be OK, as long as they could disconnect immediately afterwards and still use the app.

I am sure that I could do something in JavaScript and/or AngularJS, maybe a single page app, but I want to do it in Python since that is what I am trying to learn. It would be OK if
it had a small amount of JavaScript, but most of it needs to Python.

Is this possible? If so, what tools do I use? Can I still use Tkinter for a web app? Do I need to do (use) anything to create cross platform executables or would running in a
browser make that step not required?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I am obviously looking for a light switch.
Thanks,Bret