Create on Win and run on Win or Mac

Bret Edwards bretedward at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 19:29:17 EDT 2015

I would like to create a Python (stand-alone executable) program on a Windows machine and deploy the finished product on other Windows machines (of varying Windows OS versions) and
also on Mac machines (of varying Mac OS versions.) The program would present a GUI that the user would interact with and would only have simple computations.

I looks like I could do the creation work twice (once for Windows and once for Mac) and then also create separate install packages. However, I would like to only do the creation
work once and do it on a Windows machine and then be able to deploy to either Win or Mac. I understand that will mean separate intstallation packages due to the different
environments.

Is this possible? I do not think that it is, but asking just to be sure.

If so, what tools do I use to do the packaging? Do I use py2app for the Mac?
Thanks,
Bret