Somebody is trying to install python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:48:16 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
> trying to install a binary, opp system windows xp tried python 2 and three
> both failed said incompatible processor, my pc is 1 year old with an AMD
> 6200 6 core processor
> thanks
> Dave

Hi David!

Do you know what edition of Windows you have installed? Presumably the
CPU you have there is a 64-bit one (also known as amd64 or x86_64),
but if you had a 32-bit Windows, you won't be able to run 64-bit
programs on it. With Windows XP, the 64-bit version was somewhat
unusual, if I recall correctly, so it's entirely possible you have a
32-bit Windows.

At very least, it's worth a try.

ChrisA