What is considered an "advanced" topic in Python?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Jun 1 13:02:14 EDT 2015

On 2015-06-01, BartC <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:

> At one time the choice was integer or floating point in many languages,
> unless you were specifically using a business language such as Cobol.

My recollection in the early days of home computers is that many BASIC
implementations had BCD floating point instead of binary.  Back then
most CPUs had instructions specifcally for dealing with BCD
represented with 4-bits per digit.  Dunno if they still do, I can't
even remember the last time I did calculations in BCD.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm totally DESPONDENT
                                  at               over the LIBYAN situation