Zero [was Re: What is considered an "advanced" topic in Python?]

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:14:45 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Dave Farrance <
DaveFarrance at omitthisyahooandthis.co.uk> wrote:
> There are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming
things, and off-by-one errors.

So it's 1 that engineers really don't understand? Just add 1 and you get
the correct number of hard things. <wink>

Skip

P.S., Dave, your "omitthis" and "andthis" kind of sucks for the rest of us.
And I just invalidated your attempts at
obscurity by replying to your correct email address. I suggest you just
omit that stuff going forward. Unfortunately,
I now I have a crap address in my Gmail contacts I have to hunt down and
remove. Maybe you should just install
a decent spam filter <http://www.spambayes.org/> or switch to Gmail, which
has a functioning spam filter (unlike Yahoo...)