Where is 'palindrome' defined?

Gary Herron gherron at digipen.edu
Mon Jun 1 02:55:20 EDT 2015

On 05/31/2015 09:46 PM, fl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I search solution of reverse a string/number, I came across a short
> function online:

> 	return str(num) == str(num)[::-1]
>
> I thought that it is a general function. And with the following variable:

No, this  function is not built into Python because  ...  Well it's hard
to say why.  It's not very general, or not useful to many programmers,
or nobody's thought about it or made a case for including it in Python, etc.

But that should be no problem.  You can define it yourself (by entering
the two line you have above).  Then it will be defined, and calling
     parlindrome('...')
will produce a result rather than an error.

Gary Herron

--
Dr. Gary Herron
Department of Computer Science