New module (written in C) for using the high-precision QD library

baruchel at gmail.com baruchel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:09:21 EDT 2015

Hi,

I wrote a module for wrapping the well-known high-precision QD library written by D.H. Bailey.
You can find it here: https://github.com/baruchel/qd

It is written in pure C with the CPython C-API in order to get the highest possible speed.

The QD library provides floating number types for ~32 and ~64 decimals digits of precision and should be quicker for such precisions than other arbitrary-precision libraries.

My ultimate goal is to implement these two types as new dtype for Numpy arrays, but I release here a first version which already gives a complete interface to the QD library.

Regards,

--
Thomas Baruchel