How to re-write this bash script in Python?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 15:36:06 EDT 2015

On 30/07/2015 19:31, sutanu.das at gmail.com wrote:
> #!/bin/bash
>
> _maillist='pager at email.com'
> _hname=`hostname`
> _logdir=/hadoop/logs
> _dirlog=${_logdir}/directory_check.log
>
> _year=$(date -d "-5 hour" +%Y)
> _month=$(date -d "-5 hour" +%m)
> _day=$(date -d "-5 hour" +%d)
> _hour=$(date -d "-5 hour" +%H)
>
> _hdfsdir=`hdfs dfs -ls -d /hadoop/flume_ingest_*/$_year/$_month | awk '{print $8}'`
>
> echo "Checking for HDFS directories:" > ${_dirlog}
> echo >> ${_dirlog}
>
> for _currdir in $_hdfsdir
> do
> hdfs dfs -ls -d $_currdir/$_day/$_hour &>> ${_dirlog}
> done
>
> if [[ `grep -i "No such file or directory" ${_dirlog}` ]];
> then
> echo "Verify Flume is working for all  servers" | mailx -s "HDFS Hadoop Failure on Flume: ${_hname}" -a ${_dirlog} ${_maillist}
> fi

Read the documentation here https://docs.python.org/3/ and then run up
your favourite editor and start typing.  When and if you hit problems
come back with a snippet of code that shows the problem, what you
expected to happen, what actually happened, and the full traceback if
there is one.  Please use cut and paste to ensure that you get the data
correct.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence