line error on no. 7

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Wed Jul 29 10:23:20 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

Hi,

It's better to post the code with your question.

Python 2.7

fname = raw_input("Enter file name: ")
fh = open(fname)
lst = list()
for line in fh:
    if fh == list: continue
    list.split()
    list.append
    sorted("fh")
print line.rstrip()

The main issue is that you've misspelled 'lst' in the for loop. You've used 'list' instead. 'list' is a built-in constructor for lists. You cannot split it. I'm also not sure what """ if fh == list:continue """ is supposed to achieve.

Try the following untested code:

words = []
for line in open(fname): # what if fname does not exist ?
    words.extend(line.split())
print sorted(words)

Regards,

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.