Send data to asyncio coroutine

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:52:21 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 4:37:22 AM UTC+5:30, Ian wrote:
> I don't entirely disagree. I think that the implementation of async
> coroutines on top of synchronous coroutines on top of generators is
> overly clever and results in a somewhat leaky abstraction and a fair
> amount of confusion.

Hear Hear!

I think the 'overly clever' started with yield becoming an expression.
At an operational level coroutines and generators are very similar
At a conceptual level they are quite apart: coroutines generalize subroutines
whereas generators generalize lists to possibly infinite, possibly incomplete
lists