Python Questions - July 25, 2015

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Tue Jul 28 12:45:00 EDT 2015

On 28/07/2015 17:12, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 07:46 pm, BartC wrote:
>
>> (I'm still reeling from the size of that Anaconda download. Apparently
>> it contains a whole bunch of stuff, nothing to do with numpy, that I
>> don't need. But one of the listed packages was 'libffi', which is
>> puzzling. This library lets a C-like language call functions with
>> runtime-determined argument types. How would that be used in Python?)
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libffi

Yes, I know (I was looking at it myself a few days ago for another
project). But while it might be used for implementing some of Python's
internals, I was wondering what it was doing in a user-level set of
libraries, given that it's mostly a bunch of C code.

Perhaps they were just padding the list to make it look more impressive.

--
Bartc