Python Questions - July 25, 2015

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 08:58:02 EDT 2015

On 28/07/2015 09:50, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 7/27/2015 7:14 PM, Rob Gaddi wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:49:57 +0100, BartC wrote:
>>> How do you actually install Numpy in Windows?
>
> I believe 'pip install numpy' works
>
>> As I recall you noodle around with it for a few hours making things that
>> look like progress but turn out to be rabbit holes.
>
> To me, this is nonsense.  If the above does not work, go to
> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
>
> One of the above worked for me a year ago.  10 minutes max.

You are able to use pip to go directly to sites to get files, which is
extremely useful if you don't have Visual Studio and hence need to
bypass the files directly available from pypi.  I've used the following
successfuly to get the Phoenix (Python 3) version of wxPython.

pip install --trusted-host wxPython.org -U --pre -f
http://wxPython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/ wxPython_Phoenix

So in theory you should be able to go straight to pythonlibs although
I've not tried it myself.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence