Error: valueError: ordinal must be >= 1

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Mon Jul 27 19:25:17 EDT 2015

On 7/27/2015 4:13 PM, ryguy7272 wrote:
<SNIP>

> It seems to work perfectly find when I see the results in the book, but all I'm getting is this . . .
> *** ValueError: ordinal must be >= 1
> (Pdb)
>
> Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

You've been dropped into the python debugger.  I'd suspect you've hit a
'import pdb; pdb.set_trace()' or similar line.

You can type in 'l'  (lower case L) to see the context (you may need to
's' (step) to the appropriate line depending on your version of python.)

Alternately, use 'c' to allow the script to continue processing.

Otherwise, you'll need to complete debugging the code (as indicated by
the break) or comment out/remove the set_trace.

Emile