AttributeError: LineLogic instance has no attribute 'probe'

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Mon Jul 27 09:43:31 EDT 2015

In <mailman.1024.1437982246.3674.python-list at python.org> Abder-Rahman Ali <abder.rahman.ali at gmail.com> writes:

> In the class ---> LineLogic

> def __init__(self):
>       self.probe = vtk.vtkProbeFilter()

> In another class ---> LineLogicTest

> logic = LineLogic()
> probe = logic.probe
> data = probe.GetOutput().GetPointData().GetScalars()

> When I try running the program, I get the following error:

> AttributeError: LineLogic instance has no attribute 'probe'

Since you haven't posted the actual complete code, we can only guess
at the problem.

My guess is that you have two different definitions of the LineLogic
class, one of them lacking the probe attribute.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears