Gmail eats Python

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Jul 26 05:21:27 EDT 2015

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 04:43 pm, Ian Kelly wrote:

> I'm also skeptical that this was caused by Gmail, which I've never
> seen do this and did not do this when I tried to repro it just now.
> Also, unless I'm misinterpreting the headers of the message in
> question, it appears to have been sent via Gmane, not Gmail.

The message that Laura is referring to is this:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2015-July/694570.html

There's no easy way to get to the headers from the list archive, but looking
at the version I downloaded via Usenet, I agree that Gmail appears to be a
red-herring.

I can't be sure how it was sent to the list, but my guess is sent to the
newsgroup comp.lang.python via Gmane, which forwards to the mailing list.
Sebastian's post claims to be sent by Gnus:

and although he uses a Gmail account, I see no sign that this particular
message went via Gmail.

--
Steven