Python 3.4 Idle?

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 25 13:33:16 EDT 2015

On 25-7-2015 18:00, Steve Burrus wrote:
> On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 8:50:47 PM UTC-5, Steve Burrus wrote:
>>>
>>> What system are you on? What did you do to install Python? On Windows, the
>>> python.org installers usually come with IDLE; on some Linuxes, it's separately
>>> distributed; if you got a third-party Python distro, it's up to them what they
>>> put in it. But yes, you most certainly can get 3.4+ with IDLE.
>>>
>>> ChrisA
>>
>> Well I am exactly on Windows 10 beta preview on a 64 bit system. Idle is on my
>> Programs menu but I cannot actually activate it.
>
> I am sorry folks biut this isn't resolved yet about not being able to get the Idle in
> Python 3.4! Does it not work in WIndows 10?

"i cannot activate it" is very little information, there's no way without you giving
more details to tell what could be wrong.

My results on a Windows 10 preview machine:
installed the python 3.4.3 msi from python.org, installed "for all users", default options:
Idle is on the start menu ("IDLE - python 3.4 gui - 32 bit") and starts without
problems. Python seems to work just fine.

I suggest downloading the msi installer again and running the installation again (or
chose 'repair' if prompted).

Irmen