Gmail eats Python

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sat Jul 25 12:34:30 EDT 2015

Gmail eats Python.

We just saw this mail back from Sebastian Luque which says in part:

>>> try: all_your_code_which_is_happy_with_non_scalars except
>>> WhateverErrorPythonGivesYouWhenYouTryThisWithScalars:
>>> whatever_you_want_to_do_when_this_happens

Ow!  Gmail is understanding the >>> I stuck in as 'this is from the
python console as a quoting marker and thinks it can reflow that.

I think that splunqe must already have gmail set for plain text or
else even worse mangling must show up.

How do you teach gmail not to reflow what it thinks of as
'other people's quoted text'?

Laura