what windows compiler for python 3.5?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 24 20:33:56 EDT 2015

On 24/07/2015 13:24, Brian Gladman wrote:
> On 24/07/2015 12:04, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 8:53 PM, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
>>> yes I build extensions for reportlab. Unfortunately, despite our MSDN
>>> subscription to the Visual Studio stuff we have no access to the Visual
>>> Studio Version 2015. Last one in my downloads is currently 2013. Pity.
>>
>> Ah. You may well be somewhat out of luck for the moment, then; I've no
>> idea what status is during the betas. Once Python 3.5 is released, VS
>> 2015 should also be available, or else the official compiler for
>> CPython 3.5 will probably be changed.
>>
>> In the meantime, you could possibly ask on python-dev; Steve Dower of
>> Microsoft hangs out there, and he's the one who's driving the compiler
>> choice - he may be able to advise as to where to get the prerelease
>> compiler.
>
> Visual Studio 2015 Community was relased earlier this week so there is
> no need to work with the prerelease version.

No idea how I managed to miss that.  Still upgrade achieved and it only
took around four hours 30 minutes.  We've terms like software,
middleware, firmware, vapourware and so on and so forth, but I'm not
certain what VS2015 comes under, explodedware possibly?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence