Which GUI?

Paulo da Silva p_s_d_a_s_i_l_v_a_ns at netcabo.pt
Fri Jul 24 14:31:36 EDT 2015

Hi all!

I am about to write an application (python3 in linux) that needs:

1. Display time series graphics dynamically changed as the application
runs, i.e. the graphics should reflect some internal variables states.

2. The same but for some network like diagrams. Basically nodes and
connections (straight lines). Nodes can have different colors depending
on their activity levels and also, together with connection lines, may
be created and deleted dynamically.

3. Interaction with the user (not sure yet, here).

4. Some modules may need to be moved to C++ in case of lack of enough
speed. So, the possibility of the GUI libs be used with C++ may be an
advantage. Anyway I can always stay in Python and write a C++ extension.

5. Several multi processor segments.

6. For now single user - possible but unlikely multi-user in the future.

Which technology is better?
matplotlib?
tkinter?
wxwidgets?
qt?
Web: ajax (I don't know much about this - need to learn), using cherrypy
or django?
Any other?

Thanks for any help or comments.