what windows compiler for python 3.5?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 07:04:31 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 8:53 PM, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
> yes I build extensions for reportlab. Unfortunately, despite our MSDN
> subscription to the Visual Studio stuff we have no access to the Visual
> Studio Version 2015. Last one in my downloads is currently 2013. Pity.

Ah. You may well be somewhat out of luck for the moment, then; I've no
idea what status is during the betas. Once Python 3.5 is released, VS
2015 should also be available, or else the official compiler for
CPython 3.5 will probably be changed.

In the meantime, you could possibly ask on python-dev; Steve Dower of
Microsoft hangs out there, and he's the one who's driving the compiler
choice - he may be able to advise as to where to get the prerelease
compiler.

ChrisA