what windows compiler for python 3.5?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Jul 24 06:25:35 EDT 2015

On 24/07/2015 11:20, Robin Becker wrote:
> I read this
>
> https://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.5.html which incidentally marks the
> release as 3.6.0a0 :)
>
> but failed to find any details regarding which windows compiler is required.

more searching I find this on the 3.5 b1 download page

"Windows users: The Windows binaries were built with Microsoft Visual Studio
2015, which is not yet officially released. (It's currently offered in "Preview"
mode, which is akin to a "beta".) It is our intention to ship Python 3.5 using
VS2015, although right now VS2015's final release date is unclear."

--
Robin Becker