Can I copy/paste Python code?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Jul 23 01:22:01 EDT 2015

On Thursday 23 July 2015 05:35, Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2015-07-22, Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote:

>> Well, I select and right click copy then right click paste in where I
>> want it.  I never got into the center click options.
>
> That must be using something other than the standard X11 clipboard
> copy/paste mechnism.  You shouldn't have to "right click copy", and
> many of the apps I paste into don't even have a "right click paste".
>
> It sounds like evince has abandoned the trie-and true X11 clipboard
> functionality that people have been using for 30 years.

It works for me.

Unlike many other apps, the X11 clipboard doesn't integrate with my GUI
clipboard manager Clipman. That is, if I drag over text in Evince, it *does*
copy into the X11 copy/paste buffer, but *does not* replace the regular
Ctrl-C clipboard, and does not show up in Clipman's menu.

You may consider that either a bug or a feature :-)

--
Steve