Integers with leading zeroes

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 22 05:09:27 EDT 2015

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:12:59 +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:

> The biggest use I have for decimal numbers that begin with 0 is in
> credit card numbers, account numbers and the like where the first check
> you do is 'does this thing have the correct number of digits'.
> So far, all the examples I've been able to find in my code -- which does
> this sort of stuff a lot -- is looking at string versions of decimal
> numbers, but I suspect there is old code out there in the wild which
> just used integers.
>
> Laura

This type of information should be stored as a string not any type of
numeric format, if you are not performing maths on it then it is a string
& not a number.

anyone doing anything else is heading or the front page on
www.thedailywtf.com :-)

--
Everybody likes a kidder, but nobody lends him money.
		-- Arthur Miller