Can I copy/paste Python code?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Jul 21 20:10:03 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-21, Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote:
> On 7/21/2015 2:47 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:

>>> I've been happy with https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince on linux.
>>
>> I'm trying to switch from acroread to evince, bit it has a few serious
>> usability problems for me:
>>
>>   1) You can't copy/paste text from evince _at_all_.
>
> Hmm, i just copied "Acorsa Artichoke Heart - Quarter, Water, Can" from a
> catalog pdf, so _at_all_ depends on something -- I couldn't copy text
> from scanned documents, but that's to be expected.

Interesting. How do you do it?  For all other apps, all you have to do
is select the text and then center-click in the window where you want
the selected text inserted.

I've tried everything I can think of with evince, and it's not putting
the selected text in any of the three X11 clipboards or buffers, so
I'm stumped.

--
Grant