Can I copy/paste Python code?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Jul 21 17:47:50 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-21, Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote:
> On 7/21/2015 1:32 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> But, it apears foxit reader is Windows-only so it's a moot point for
>> Linux/Unix/Mac users.
>
> I've been happy with https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince on linux.

I'm trying to switch from acroread to evince, bit it has a few serious
usability problems for me:

 1) You can't copy/paste text from evince _at_all_.  At least it works
    right most of the time with acroread.  I really like being able
    paste example commands or bits of code or a sentance or three from
    PDF docs into a shell or editor window.  Pasting tables is a bit
    more work, but it can at least be done with acroread.

 2) You can't print the current view.  I find that invaluable for
    printing portions of documents (e.g. I want just a section of a C
    size schematic printed on letter sized paper, or just one table
    table from a manual sized to fill a 8.5x11 page).  If it did have
    'print view' then lack of a marquee zoom would become another
    inconvenience.

 3) There's no way to collapse-all in the TOC panel.  When I open a
    1200 page document with 30 sections and several hundred sections
    and subsections, I don't want to see all of them all of the time.
    Closing them one at a time by hand is pretty tedious.

I find that about 20-30% of the time I start up evince, I end up
closing it and re-opening the document in acroread.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... I have read the
                                  at               INSTRUCTIONS ...