Can I copy/paste Python code?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 21 13:41:08 EDT 2015

On Tuesday 21 July 2015 13:25:32 Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Wed, 22 Jul 2015 00:48:06 +1000, Chris Angelico writes:
> >Actually, maybe don't use PDF at all. I keep having to help my Mum
> >deal with stupid problems with PDF documents she gets, and I'm never
> >sure whether the fault is with the PDF creation software, the human
> >operating said software, or limitations in the file format itself.
> >
> >ChrisA
>
> Lots of the problems are with the free reader, adobe acrobat.  It is
> designed so that the user is kept very much in a straight-jacket which
> is a problem when your Mum needs, for instance, things to be in 36
> point for her to be able to read things at all because she is nearly
> blind.
>
> Laura

TBE, acroread is a P.O.E.  Its first sin is in not sending the printer a
blank page so that the printout of something novel sized at 450 pages or
so, actually stays in synch with the ditch settings in your driver used
in duplex mode.

Linux has several replacements that do this better, and fast enough to
keep even a fast laser printer busy.  Look them over and I am sure you
will find something that is both friendlier and more useful for your
usage needs.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)